|Back to Jobs Page|
|Company||History Associates, Brea, CA|
|History Associates is seeking an experienced archivist to assist us in servicing existing clients and developing new business in our Western Area Office located in Brea, California. The ideal candidate will have proven experience establishing a small-scale institutional archives program, coordinating with complex client organizations, and developing new business opportunities. In addition, individual must have efficient archival processing skills, the ability to communicate clearly and confidently in writing and in speech, and the flexibility to occasionally work in the allied fields of records management and historical research. The position will involve both working independently and with company and client staff.
The archivist will operate under the remote supervision of the Director of the Western Area Office or company staff based in Rockville, MD. Individuals based in, or within a reasonable commuting distance of Orange County, CA are urged to apply.
Master's degree in library science
* Minimum 3 years of experience working as an archivist
* Ability to work independently or as part of a small, high
* Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills,
including the ability to create concise reports and to effectively participate in and/or lead team or client meetings
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within budgets
* Mastery of MS-Office suite software applications
* Management or development of other staff
* Certified Archivist
* Experience in records management and historical research
* Experience with one or more archives management software
* Familiarity with digital archives processes and technologies
History Associates offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including paid holidays, annual and sick leave, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a profit sharing 401(k) plan.
Send cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial acceptable), proof of knowledge or involvement in creating an off-site storage facility, proof of knowledge of obtaining new business, sample finding aid, names and e-mails of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel and Office Services
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.