|Back to Jobs Page|
|Company||San Francisco Community College District (City College of San Francisco) - San Francisco, CA|
|Close||January 31, 2018|
|Posting Number: 0170169
Position Title: Librarian
(Library & Learning Resources)
(All postings close at 4:00 PM): 01-31-2018
Job Type: Faculty - Tenure-Track
Examples of Duties:
1. Provide in-person or virtual research/reference assistance that will assist students to develop and demonstrate information competency and critical thinking skills through their ability to effectively acquire, interpret, evaluate and use information for oral and written purposes, with some understanding of its ethical and legal ramifications.
2. Provide instruction in the use of information resources and the development of information competency skills on a one-to-one basis as part of reference service, in classroom/lab settings or for faculty professional development workshops.
3. Create library instructional and reference materials in electronic and print formats that apply culturally responsive strategies.
4. Manage library media, electronic resources or integrated library systems.
5. Design training and documentation of library resources and systems.
6. Implement web catalog configuration, support and troubleshooting.
7. Collaborate on campus-wide information and educational technology issues.
8. Actively promote the use of library resources and services by assisting faculty in using library resources and services to support classroom instruction; serve as an effective liaison to faculty in assigned departments/programs.
9. Collaborate in library and college-wide committees, projects and in work groups.
10. Promote student success and retention through the design, development, implementation and coordination of library programs and services.
11. Assess and promote the use of library technologies, resources and materials for instructional and reference purposes.
12. Work with academic departments, outside agencies and speakers in the design of public programs, library exhibitions and online platforms for engagement.
13. Must be flexible in adapting to changes in schedules and locations and be available to work late afternoons, evenings and weekends at various campus libraries or locations as required.
14. Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair.
To apply, please visit our website at http://jobs.ccsf.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53307