|Back to Jobs Page|
|Company||University of Texas - Arlington, TX|
|This position will include non-traditional work hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays depending on the needs of the university community. Some positions will have overnight shifts. Flexibility is required to ensure the department is appropriately staffed in order to satisfy all service needs. Professional development, conferences, and training may require travel and/or overnight accommodations.
Open to External and Internal
Duration Funding expected to continue
Pay Basis Monthly
Benefits Eligible Yes
The Information Literacy & Health Sciences Librarian is a member of the Experiential Learning & Undergraduate Research Department and reports to the Department Head for Experiential Learning & Undergraduate Research. This position is responsible for subject services to the College of Nursing and Health Innovation and the Biology Department focused on student success, including providing active learning-based instruction and research consultations, partnering with faculty to integrate experiential learning and information literacy into curricula, and working with the Online Engagement & Health Sciences Librarian to develop services that meet the unique needs of our online nursing students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and maintains a working, interactive, and dynamic relationship with faculty, students, and staff in assigned disciplines.
2. Collaborates with faculty to develop curriculum that integrates Libraries’ resources, information literacy, and experiential learning into courses
3. Provides active and experiential learning opportunities in the Libraries’ classroom and creative spaces
4. Develops and maintains online teaching materials and guides and participates in digital learning initiatives
5. Extends services through office hours, embedded librarianship, and social media
6. Performs other duties assigned.
• Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program or a related graduate degree.
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and planning skills
• Computer literate and technologically adept.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management.
• Experience with integrating active learning, information literacy, and experiential learning into curricula
• Experience with outreach and marketing services to students and faculty
• Experience with developing and providing professional development related to teaching and learning to librarians and library staff
• Experience providing impactful services and instruction in online environments
• Familiarity with evidence-based practice and health sciences trends and topics, including evidence-based practice and HIPAA
• Familiarity with systematic review publishing and the grant writing process
• Knowledge of information literacy theory and practice, various teaching methodologies, and research related to pedagogy and learning
• Experience with current and emerging technologies and their application in academic libraries, including Springshare products, integrated library systems, ILLiad, and teaching tools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Project planning and management skills
• Leadership skills
• Ability to lead, cultivate, and empower staff
• Time management skills
• Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
• Ability to follow through on projects
• Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions
• Collaboration and coordination skills
• Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking
This position will include non-traditional work hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays depending on the needs of the university community. Some positions will have overnight shifts. Flexibility is required to ensure the department is appropriately staffed in order to satisfy all service needs. Professional development, conferences, and training may require travel and/or overnight accommodations.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume, Letter of Interest, and List of 3 References (with contact information). Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type and major.
Final candidate/s are required to deliver a one hour presentation, including Q&A, during the on campus interview. The topic will be communicated to candidate/s prior to on campus interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you have a Master's degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program or a related graduate degree (Please specify in resume)?
Documents Needed To Apply
Resume or CV