|Back to Jobs Page|
|Company||Tuskegee University - Tuskegee, AL|
|Position||Librarian - College of Engineering|
Librarian - College of Engineering
Posting Date: April 27, 2017
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Location: College of Engineering
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,” the ideal Librarian will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Tuskegee University’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Engineering library.
• Responsible for supervising and training members of the library staff, including student assistants.
• Provide instruction in the use of print and electronic resources, and create supporting documents.
• Conducts library orientation sessions for new Engineering faculty and students.
• Provide reference services in both digital and traditional environments.
• Manage circulation activities through the use of SirsiDynix, Symphony and WorkFlows
• Manage the print serials collection with SirsiDynix Symphony WorkFlows.
• Conduction collection development and management activities for the Engineering Library.
• Interpret, update, and apply library policies and procedures.
• Market library resources with social media and various library activities.
• Participate on various Library and University committees.
• Master of Library Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution.
• A minimum of two years of professional library experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge in research techniques relevant to the use of both print and electronic resources.
• Proven skills in instruction, reference, and computing.
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.